London is bountiful when it comes to premium shopping alternatives, and the Presidential Apartments in Kensington are perfectly positioned to give easy access to some of London’s best and most renowned shopping locations. Whether you seek fashion, luxury goods, or souvenirs with a distinct London flavour, you are truly spoilt for choice in this area of London and beyond.
The top shopping destinations in London include:
- Knightsbridge – and Brompton Road, neighbouring area to our Kensington Serviced Apartments, are home to iconic stores, including Harvey Nichols and Harrods, as well as Sloane Street fashion designer shopfronts. Prestigious brands exist alongside more mainstream stores including Topshop.
- Oxford Street – in the very heart of London, landmark stores and designer outlets by the dozen are here for your shopping pleasure. Selfridges is a legendary department store on Oxford Street, and other high street chain stores are all within a short stroll.
- Mayfair and Bond Street are the place to go for luxury. London’s most expensive shopping precinct, here you will find such luminaries as Tiffany & Co, Louis Vuitton, and Burberry.
- Regent Street and Jermyn Street. Some of London’s oldest and most famous stores lie on the elegant Regent Street, including Liberty and Hamley's. Historic Jermyn Street is intrinsically English and is renowned for stylish gentlemen’s clothing stores.
- King’s Road near Sloane Square is where to go for fashion: high street, trendy, designer, and unique, as well as interior decorating and a vast selection of cafes. Be sure to visit Vivienne Westwood and the Chelsea Antique Market.
- Covent Garden offers unique gifts, jewellery, and fashion, as well as arts and crafts and the historic Covent Garden Market.
- Notting Hill houses small boutiques selling vintage goods, clothing, books, organic food, and quirky gifts, as well as the famous Portobello Road Market.
- Carnaby Street became famous in the 1960’s for culture and fashion. The area has more than one hundred and fifty brands in a vast and intriguing array of stores and boutiques. You’ll also find fantastic old English Pubs with real ales and hearty food.
- Saville Row is world renowned for bespoke tailoring and this is where the first tuxedo ever created was cut. Be prepared to pay big for a traditionally custom tailored suit – but it will be worth every penny.
Of course, looking further afield there are many more options. For example, the markets at Camden Town Lock offer arts, crafts, night markets, stalls, and also host festivals. Street food and even yoga classes are to be enjoyed here. Contemporary shopping precincts such as Westfield London (Stratford and White City), Canary Wharf’s Canada Square, and Boxpark Shoreditch in East London offer an array of brands and differ in atmosphere from other shopping precincts. With London’s convenient transport system, it’s easy to return to your accommodation at Central London Serviced Apartments in Kensington from anywhere in the city.[:]